Friday 22 August 2008

Ahoy me hearties

It was my little boys 1st birthday a few days ago and I did a pirate party for him and his cousins. We all dressed up in pirate outfits even the adults including grandparents. It was a lovely day. I put a pirate tent and a blow up pirate boat paddling pool in my dining room which I then filled with black pirate balloons. This would be where the fun and games would be held. I decorated the house with homemade pirate flags (cut up binbags with cut out skull & crossbones sewn on sellotaped to a garden cane), bought a talking skull that told pirate jokes and made a pirate ship cake with sails and cannonballs. I organised a treasure hunt complete with tea stained clues that came together to form a map at the end, with X marking the spot where my husband had buried a homemade treasure chest with the party bags. I organised a load of games for the kids from pass the parcel to long john silver says (a take on Simon says) and had bubble swords bought from the £1 shop to play with. All in all it was a fantastic day. Another one for the memory box.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Wow! You really do it up right! You should post pictures!

Liv Mac said...

Beth, I actually have you to thank. It was your husbands fantastic rhyming clues for your son's party which got me inspired to write my own clues.